Professional Indemnity Plus abides to the General Insurance Brokers Code of Conduct.
The Code is intended to promote good relations between Insurance Brokers, Insureds, Insurers and others involved in the insurance industry.
The NIBA Code of Conduct provides that brokers:
- Act in the best interests of the client;
- Provide advice to enable clients to make informed decisions on risk and insurance protection;
- Provide full and accurate information for effective underwriting;
- Respect the client’s confidentiality in relation to all records and information;
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of all documentation;
- Make available all relevant documentation, policies, and certificates, as may be required;
- Be professional, efficient and responsive in all dealings;
- In the event of a claim, take every step necessary to ensure prompt and fair settlement;
- Work towards maintaining and enhancing the reputation of NIBA and its members;
- Act in the spirit of this Code and encourage others to do likewise.